When the crazy, runaway horse that couldn't be caught by me, by Coach, or by anyone else...
...that wouldn't let me get close enough to even rub her on the shoulder with my hand, let alone a rope or halter...
...that gave me this face whenever I approached her (even with treats), tried to bite me, almost ran me over, and several times nearly kicked my face:
THIS HORSE sees me trekking the half-mile to her pasture, pricks up her ears, and when I call her name, starts walking through the mud (she hates the mud!) to come meet me at the gate, get her treats, and shove her nose in the halter!
You guys who own your own horses are lucky. I've always ridden lesson horses, or someone else's horse. Most of them have been an awful lot better trained than Rhapsody. But I've never, ever, ever had a horse that did this for me.
Help me, I'm in love. With a goofy, skitzy, spooky, green-as-grass Arab mare that I really couldn't afford to take care of even if I were crazy enough to buy her. Help! :)

You would never know that not so long ago she was uncatchable.
ReplyDeleteShe's a doll. :) Every now and then she walks away when I actually go to put the rope on her neck, just like she has to remind me that SHE'S the one who chooses to do this! lol. But if I wait thirty seconds, she always comes right back looking for the halter. Silly mares!
ReplyDelete