Friday, May 17, 2013

Introducing....Mystery Horse!

Blogger is being stupid and not showing my previous post, so check this out before you read on! :)

That is the name of the possible new addition. Lol.

Before I go any further, there is always of course the possibility that I might not find anything. I have to remind myself of that. Or I might find it and have the board situation fall through. OR I might find it and have it bought out from under me. I must remind myself of all those negative situations, yes. So that I don't get too carried away. :D

That being said...I thought to myself, I should figure out what I want. The Coach said as much too. Heh. Smart idea.

This sounds good! :D
But not much chance of Chilli Morning being magically transported to my backyard. And maybe he's a bit of overkill anyway (maybe....). Therefore. The essentials are...
  • Mare or gelding. I really like mares but have "clicked" with geldings too.
  • 3-10 years old. I'd like something on the younger side, but started under saddle.
  • Can jump! Or at least no indication that it shouldn't be able to jump. 
  • No obnoxious traits--rearing/bucking/etc. Sure, I can deal with that, but why do it if you don't have to?!
  • No health issues. Able to go barefoot if doing low-level jumping and flat work.
  • Less than $2000. Yeah I don't have a whole lot of money for the initial purchase...
  • Close to my area. Or be able to persuade Coach to take a long trip with me. ;)
Those are the essentials. "Like to" is...
  • Forward. I like the hotter horses. 
  • Not too spooky. A bit of goofiness is okay but I'd really prefer not to have a bolter.
  • Something potentially show-able. 
Soo I window shop. Interesting things I have found so far is this boy from a horse rescue, this one, and this one who looks like a brother to Lass and there's GOT to be something wrong with him to be listed for this price! One of these days I'll have to get brave and go actually call my friends and talk to the farmer down the road about boarding, and then actually call about one of these ponies! Haha. :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. YES. haha :) Actually there's a place 2 hours from my house that takes TBs off the Florida racetracks and gives them a light restart under saddle before adopting them out. Looks really nice. I might be making a trek down there sometime soon :)

      Delete