We just got a message from our lovely barn manager. You can read it here.
The gist of it is that the property owners have received an offer to develop the farm into a subdivision. Though they do not want to sell, they need to if they're ever going to be able to retire. Our barn manager and her husband (she's the daughter of the owners) are trying to raise the money to counteroffer and buy the farm themselves. They are proposing creating a "a non-profit that serves the community and beyond as a place of healing and rejuvenation for mind, body, and spirit." Besides horses, it would possibly involve equine and non-equine therapy programs, cabins, and a larger CSA operation.
This has been the most wonderful place for River and I to be, and we would be SO sad to have it go! Though we've been invited back to our previous barn with no strings attached, it would not be the same. Do you know of anyone (or might you be someone) who could help out? Contact Tara at 423-488-3993 or tara@hiddenhillsfarm.com if you can!
Okay, this is really cool. I just figured out we ride at the same barn! I've been taking lessons there to learn to jump. Its really sad this whole having to sell the place thing. I hope they are able to keep it!
ReplyDeleteHey that's awesome! Maybe we can get together and ride sometime! :) I really hope they can keep it too! I'll probably be done with college and moved by the time it goes, but still.... :(
Delete