Oh yes I have a blog...maybe should write on it!
School started, that's my excuse.
Been actually riding a fair bit though! About twice a week which yes I know it's not that often but comparatively that's pretty good. Ha. This week I think I might hit my three-times-a-week goal, though.
Finally sized him to the EasyBoot Gloves and they came and they fit and they're great!! Especially since back at the start of the summer my "supervising farrier" encouraged me to trim hoofers way too much and he got sore. :( :( He's much better now but I'm still not happy such a thing even happened. Back to what we were doing before (which, though it didn't look so pretty, kept him quite sound!). In the meantime boots are great. Needed them for trails anyways.
Lots of trail rides, did one arena ride and he was greatly displeased ha. Pony gets spoiled by trails. If only the farm's bush-hogging machine wasn't broken, we'd do "arena" work in the fields--so much more fun. But it is broken and so all the grass is about knee-high and you can't see a thing as far as footing. There is one space probably will use--yesterday just went out for a little bareback ride though. Super nice, chill evening. :)
Planning for another ACTHA ride on October 26, maybe sooner if I can find a buddy to go somewhere else with!
Funny; Lance gets greatly displeased with "trail" rides. I do think it's a form of "barn sour," even though he doesn't whinny at all. So glad you found boots that work!
ReplyDeleteHaha, River is a tiny bit buddy sour too, but once we actually get out away from the barn he EATS it up, whereas he likes to balk and refuse to even go into the arena. Horses are funny things! ;)
Delete