We finished our second ACTHA ride on October 26, and placed SECOND in our division!!! And that after a ride that I was 90% sure we weren't even going to place in! He tried hard but it was a tricky course...well, apparently it was tricky for other teams too! :D
We finished our first hunter pace (minus the jumps) last weekend, November 2, and placed fifth! Just because of time; we were one second behind our friend, so no big deal. He was a champ at "chaperoning" our less-experienced friend (S and a borrowed horse) and I am super proud of him.
Now we are planning nothing for 2-3 months, because November is his hardest month to keep weight on, December is my hardest month to stick with a schedule, and January I begin student teaching and probably will have next to no time. Hopefully in late January or February we'll be able to get back on a routine to gear up for springtime events.
Maybe I will get some pictures of the rides up one of these days. :)
I'm a little jealous after my year of limited options, but you guys are doing super-well!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great end to the "season"! Most likely you and Lance will be way busier than us next year, with student teaching and then probably a move and my first year teaching, so I'm quite sure your time's coming! :)
Delete