![]() |
| Proof that he's alive |
Contrary to what may be popular opinion, the Creature is still here and quite alive and we found a splendid part-board place for him that I am quite tickled with. He's maintaining weight beautifully, his feet are much better (even though our new farrier is not so good as our old one), and I am even getting back into riding lessons periodically. Some dressage work is doing us both good, and he's popping over baby cross-rails like no big deal. We've been on a few little trail rides and we even gave my best friend her first unofficial riding lesson.
I'm having a tough semester for reasons that shall be elaborated on later perhaps. For right now I'll just say I'm not currently teaching and that was not my first choice. But it gives me more time for Monster. I don't know how long we'll be here, but it is a good place for him and I'm trying to enjoy it while we've got it.
As part of trying to hold my mental and emotional game together (lack of outside structure + incredibly unstable future plans = highly stressed me), I'm throwing some more jumping and dressage practice in. Much as I do enjoy dressage, I'm no good at doing it independently yet, and jumping will always be my first love. I know enough dressage to mostly hold us together at the moment, so I think it's time to diversify and experiment. And as part of trying to remain accountable to myself (ha ha), I'm going to try to post on our rides, even just a little blurb. So here's to returning to blogging (maybe)!

I'm sorry to hear about the current turmoil, Briana. We both know God has it handled, but that doesn't mean it isn't hard! I also know my horse time helps tremendously when other things in my life have me stressed out. Glad you have River. :-D
ReplyDeleteMe too!
DeleteIt's so good to see you back!! I was so excited to see you on IG! :D
ReplyDeleteHehe it's good to see you again too! Looks like you and the girls (and hubby) have been up to all kinds of adventures! :)
DeleteSorry things are so stressful, glad you are able to get in lots of riding time
ReplyDelete