![]() |
| Boss mare says "Back off!" [image from Google] |
Not now! There are about 6 other horses in her field now, and every other time I see her, she is ordering someone else to move here, get over there, and most particularly, "Get out of my way so I can go see My Human" (a.k.a. me)!
Makes you feel loved anyway, in an odd sort of way. :P Once out of the pasture, and always when interacting with me, she is Ms. Perfect Manners.
I have made the decision not to even look at buying her. It was a hard choice to come to but I'm graduating in two years and have no idea where I might be going or what I might be doing or what my pay might be like. I would feel terrible to develop that close of a relationship for two years (because with her, it would be close, I know it) and then have to just sell her on because I couldn't keep her.
It hurts, yeah of course it does. I love that little horse. But it is a good thing to know where I'm headed. Now I can just focus on bringing her up to the best of our ability, and hope and pray the right person comes along to buy her. The time will come for me, it's just not right now.

And you never know, you may end up with her yet. The first two years I road Carlos he was a resale horse and I thought he would sell for sure and he never did, when I finally got a decent job that I could support a horse on I told my trainer I could take him on and she gave him to me.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a mature decision, even though it is a hard one!
ReplyDeleteSometimes the right decisions are the hardest ones!
ReplyDelete