1: A time you've been scared for your life on horseback.
Umm...not sure I've ever been scared for my life--though I might should have been a couple times--I blank out and go into survival/hang-on-no-matter-what mode if it's really bad!
2: There's a huge party at your friends house or you could have a lesson on the same night, which do you go to?
Lesson! I'm all about being anti-social for the ponies! :P
3: Favorite markings a horse can have.
Always, always wanted a black-and-white pinto sporthorse. Even wrote a story about one when I was younger. Maybe I'll amuse you all with it sometime. :)
![]() |
| Like this. Sort of. (Image from Tumbler) |
4: Would you rather deal with bolting, rearing or bucking?
Umm, either bolting or bucking. Make that bucking.
5: Agree or disagree; To have good eq means to be a good rider?
Not always. Fortunately, as my eq is not ideal! :)
| Actually this picture I'm not too bad. Def. not ideal though. But I stay on! |
6: If you could try any discipline on any horse for 1 day, what discipline and what horse?
Endurance! Annnd I don't know what horse.
7: 3 horses you'd want to ride/meet the most?
Secretariat
Any of Becky Holder's OTTBs ;)
"Doc"--the horse that got me hooked on big ponies with big gaits. This is kind of a "re-meet" as I did actually get to ride him once or twice as a 3-4ish-year-old. I don't know where he is now, but I'd sure like to have him!
8: On a scale of 1-10 how good would you say your seat is?
5?
9: One of your goals for the next year, horse-wise.
Umm, get a horse?? :)
10: Would you rather teach lessons or train horses?
Train!
11: Have you ever given a lesson for money?
No.
12: If you were a trainer, would you want to train little kids, pre-teens, teens or adults?
Little kids, pre-teens, or adults. Teens annoy me. :P
13: Have you ever ridden someone's horse for money?
No.
14: If given the opportunity, would you exercise track horses?
YES!
15: On a scale of 1-10 what is your confidence like in the saddle?
A 9? ish? 8-9.
16: 3 things you need to work on, riding-wise?
Sitting up and tall and back (or forward in the case of jumping!). This is why I am now in a self-invented shoulder brace half the day!
17: 3 things your horse needs to work on.
1. Meet me
2. Get a name other than Mystery Horse
3. Come home!
18. Top 3 favourite riders?
Oh goodness--can I answer this one later?
19: Is there anyone you'd say is a bad rider? (don't give names)
Yes. Anyone who cares more for how they look/what they win/what other people think than they care for their horse and what he/she needs--they're a bad rider.
20: Are you better on the flat or over fences?
I suppose over fences--my posture lacks no matter what, but flatwork is just so complicated! Fences seem so much simpler!
21: How high do you think you've jumped?
Around 2'6.
22: How high do you think your horse would be capable of jumping?
Since I haven't met Mystery Horse yet...I can't say I know...but I hope at least 3-4'!
23: Opinion on tackless riding.
REALLY want to try it sometime! Maybe with Mystery Horse?!
![]() |
| But I SWEAR I would wear a helmet!!! |
Not on purpose. I try to under-dramatize when possible--result of having a mildly neurotic mom, I guess ;)
25: Do you think you're a good rider?
I'm good at staying on, if that counts for anything!!
26: Ever had barn drama?
Yes...sigh...
Well seeing as I don't have a barn either at the moment...
28: Will you show next year? If so in what?
No idea. Hoping to go to combined trial in September--a lot of the show thing will depend on whether I actually get my own horse reasonably soon, and if so, how long it takes for us to be ready to show together. I'll probably just be doing some fun schooling shows for a while even once we're ready. :)
29: Plans for your horse over the next year?
Find him/her!!
30: Would you share your tack with people?
I don't know...it would depend on who it was and how well I knew and trusted them. Then again, at the moment, I suppose my lonely cheap lil' rope halter could go anywhere and I really wouldn't care if it came back or not!
31: Has a horse ever shattered your confidence?
No, but people have shattered my confidence in my riding.
32: Ever been scared to get on a horse?
Yes! I was scared to get back on my rearing horse a few weeks ago every time I got back on!
33: Do you get nervous before shows?
Well seeing as I've never been to a real show, I can't say for sure. But given my track record in other kinds of performances, and given my excited nerves in the days before the show, I'm 95% sure I would.
34: Hunters or Jumpers?
Depends on the day and how I'm feeling!
35: Last time you fell off? What happened? Were you hurt?
A few months ago riding a very spooky Fringe. Another trainer trotted up the hill past the arena and Fringe bolted. I stuck it for a while before coming off. I didn't get hurt at all though--no bruises, no strained muscles, nothing. Pretty amazing!
Found a couple affordable boarding places with openings, plus a couple friends that might be able to keep Mystery Horse! So I will go looking around this weekend (I have a long weekend off because of Memorial Day, yay!), and then we can start checking out ponies for reals! I already have a couple calls in and one gal has called me back twice already, but I haven't been available to get the phone either time--urgh. I'm not sure her horse is really going to work for me, but I can't know for sure till I talk to her some more and maybe go see him.
Meanwhile check out the ponies at this place--Pinch of Luck! It's pretty awesome! If I don't find Mystery Horse reasonably soon, I might be making a pilgrimage out there to check out some of their OTTBs! :)


Being bored or having nothing to write about is the best time to have a Q&A! Its why I posted one yesterday lol.
ReplyDeleteQ & As are awesome!! Good luck finding the right horse.
ReplyDelete