Yesterday I went and looked at this guy:
He's a 13-year-old Arab who lives at the farm I'd ideally be boarding at.
He has been doing some basic dressage training and is absolutely. gorgeous. despite being a little on the chubby side at the moment!
He was a bit spooky, not too bad, definitely something I could ride out, but I'm not sure I want to bring him home. If I were looking for a project horse, I'd probably pick him up, but as my own horse...? If I were looking for a dressage horse, I'd probably be a lot more interested. He'd be a pretty stunning dressage pony, and really relaxes and settles in when you ask him to give and get on the bit a little. Jumps on the other hand were rather fearful sorts of creations. ;)
Today I went out and looked at another potential board situation. Really, really liked it. You work some and pay some and it really helps the cost. I liked the owner/manager lady and the barn, while not brand-new and high-tech, is nice and clean and has fans (!!) and is generally a nice setup. Plus they have a humongous covered arena!!! YAY for covered arenas! And it's between 10 and 15 minutes from my house, so not far at all. So tentatively planning on that being the new home for the Mystery Horse. :) There's another potential also, but it's further away.
Getting closer, anyway! :)
Exciting times!
ReplyDeleteI agree. It all sounds very exciting. He looks like a nice horse
ReplyDelete