Sunday, June 9, 2013

Liebster Blog!

We are very happy to be the recipients of the Liebster Blog Award from Emily and Estella over at From the Horse's Mouth Thanks Emily! :)

So now we have things to do...
HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued.  Here are the rules for accepting the award:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
  2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  5. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
  6. Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
Okay then. 
11 random facts about me:
  1. I started riding lessons when I was 10.
  2. I love, and I mean LOVE, doing puzzles!
  3. But not those horrible cursed puzzles that engineers have. The kind where you have to get-the-loop-off-the-string and what have you. I HATE those puzzles with a passion. Ha.
  4. Telling people random things about myself is the. hardest. thing. ever. :P
  5. I'm an introvert unless I'm very excited or very comfortable around you.
  6. Therefore I don't like big parties or gatherings or big groups of people.
  7. In two years I'll be an elementary teacher (hopefully!)
  8. I do not like middle schoolers. (Sorry any middle schoolers reading this blog. I'm learning to deal with your kind.)
  9. I've lived in five states and eight houses.  
  10. I was home schooled through high school but NO I am not anti-social and obnoxious!
  11. I can't stand the smell of anything seafood or fishy!
My 11 questions from From the Horse's Mouth were:
  1. What are your colors for you and your horse? My colors are anything jewel toned and not yellow. Yellow looks atrocious on me. My horse--mm well, I'm thinking if it's meant to be "Chops," jewel tones might look good on him too. Teal also.
  2. Do you have any random talents? Erm, I've rather superb skills at tricking people into thinking I'm a perfectionist! :P
  3. What is your biggest pet peeve? Other people drumming fingers on a table would be a big one!
  4. Who is your equestrian idol? I don't really have one, though there are a lot of good riders and horsepeople out there.
  5. Do you like to read? If so, what was the last good book you read? I do! But I don't read very much...sadness...a book I really love though is Love Heels, a compilation of true stories about service dogs!
  6. What is your most embarrassing horse moment? Probably falling off at my first lesson with Coach, after the horse did a little kick out. Anyone should have stayed on through that!
  7. Do you have any random obsessions? Pencils. Sharp pencils. Pencil.must.always.be.sharp. So I use mechanical ones. Lol.
  8. If you could be friends with anyone famous, who would it be? Honestly, I don't think I'd want to be friends with anyone famous. I don't know--it'd have to be a down-to-earth person that didn't "act famous"!
  9. Favorite song at the moment? Several, but one is "Get Back Up" by TobyMac.
  10. What is your horse’s favorite treat? I dunnnnooooo yet!!
  11. Post your favorite picture of your horse :) . Hopefully, I shall do this shortly. ;) 
11 Questions I Made Up for You:
  1. When and why did you start riding?
  2. Have you ever taken any time away from riding? Why?
  3. If you couldn't ride, what would you do with your horse/with horses?
  4. Where have you lived during your life?
  5. If you could travel to any place in the universe, where would you go?
  6. What horse (real or fictitious) has had a big influence on your horsey career?
  7. What is one big thing on your "bucket list"?
  8. What are two goals you would like to achieve with your horse?
  9. If you have a horse, what is his/her favorite thing to do with you? (If not, pick a lesson horse or a horse you used to have).
  10. Do you play a musical instrument? If not, what is one you'd like to play?
  11. What is the most spur-of-the-moment thing you've ever done?
Now for our 11 Blogs:
  1.  Lindsey at The Free Horse Project
  2. Emma at All-Around Cowgirl
  3. Ruffles at Just A Girl and Her Horse
  4. SammyJo at Hoofprints
  5. Present Tense at Bit by Bit
  6. Cassidyhill at Learning from Tundra
  7. Amy at Slow and Steady Wins the Race
  8. Katie at My Huck Friend
  9. Kat at The Sixth Stride
  10. Mare at Simply Horse-Crazy
  11. Saiph at Waiting for the Jump

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh thank you!!! This is my first award ever! I have your same sharp pencil obsession, and also resorted to mechanical pencils as a way to cope. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You DO?!?! I thought I was the only one! :D

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah! It got me in trouble when I was in art school, because I preferred to draw with mechanical pencils vs graphite pencils...lol!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much!!! :) I'm out of town until the 27th of June, so when I get back I will definitely do a post & questions/answers on the Liebster award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Briana!

    I just wanted to let you know that I *finall* finished my Liebster Blog Award post, in case you wanted to check it out. So sorry it took me so long. :P
    I'm so flattered that yo nominated me!

    ReplyDelete