Friday, June 14, 2013

Pictures!

It was storming yesterday so we didn't get pictures, but today we did!

We discovered he is easy to catch--yay!
He finally found a buddy today--apparently she doesn't like anyone else, but they are all but joined at the hip!

Then we had our first lessons in "You can move your feet as much as you want if you're nervous, but you can't run over me!"
We had a few moments after he realized he was ALONE where I had to get a bit big--his lead manners need some work!

There was no one in the barn so we went around back where there are some paddocks and he could see and be near other horses (albeit strange ones) while not being with them.

He was nervous but handled it well.

Pretty face
 It took a little bit but eventually he relaxed and started eating.

Oh grass is good--nomnomnom
Then I gave him a couple carrots which really got him curious and focused! He tends to blow off people a bit--I think more because he's had no steady work by one or two people than for any other reason--but the carrots got him 100% zoned in on us! 

Even better than grass!
Can't wait to get to know this guy better. He really has a good mind and I think a lot of my job will be to make myself interesting enough and consistent enough that he considers me worth his time.

Oh boy. Left-brain extrovert here we come?? Left-brain something, I think. At least he's got a fairly mild personality, whatever it is. But Emily, this right-brain introvert owner might need some help! ;)

Still love him. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay photos! He's very handsome! Can't wait to read your posts on working with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart-warming to see you with your OWN horse!

    ReplyDelete