Friday, August 30, 2013

Excuses, Excuses...

Well I promised pictures and an update on Wednesday's ride, didn't I.

But then college started.

Woo hoooo. The main really good thing about that is that I only have this year and one more and then I'm done and River and I can go explore the known world! ;) 

Annyways so then I didn't have time.

And so it is only now that I'm getting around to it. Without further ado, here is Wednesday evening in pictures. :)

I thought I would do some two-point torture for myself while River plunked around warming up. Uhhm...one lap of the arena later I gave in. Apparently it's not just the Buddy that's out of shape!
Proof that we don't only torture the ponies...

We did a lot more trotting this week and looked and felt pretty good if I say so myself.


Still a few ouchies when we hit a big clod, but much better!
Swish-swoosh hair :)

 Just trotting got boring, so we made some faces...

Awkward!

Much less awkward!
And when we got tired of making faces, somebody (not me!) invited an old friend to make an appearance.

Look, it's the Thoroughbred Giraffe! (No idea where I'm looking...)

Then we cantered! River thought that was extremely very exciting but we only did a little bit and tried to get the correct lead both ways.

We are so good, we even counter-canter! Ignore my bounciness...ugh


Then we trotted a little more, walked, halted, backed up, and were done.
Done and walking back down to the barn
 It was very hot, so River got a bath, which he was NOT impressed with...
Pony says STOP BATH NOW!
 ...but then he got food and turned out, so that made everything better.
Pretty sunset to end the day
And that, in a nutshell, was our Wednesday evening!

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully you aren't too busy with school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures! I love the one of him getting his bath. Good luck balancing school and riding.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are making great progress together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures :) You guys look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures!! :) And yes, I'm sure the cold weather coming in is helping them all be a little uppity. But before, NOTHING would get Wiz hyped up... good to know he's feeling well enough to be a normal horse again!

    ReplyDelete