Thursday, January 9, 2014

We Rode!

Just a quick post to say I unburied myself long enough to go and ride yesterday afternoon!

We rode in the covered arena and River was great. His typical rather-strung-out and motorcycl-y self--he felt like a barrel horse going around the corners at times, even just at trot--but great. We had several hard stares at the calves in the next-door pen, but gradually he got more comfortable with them. We went over a couple ground poles and he was very careful, much to my surprise, and didn't so much as brush them. Maybe he'll make a jumper yet! Of course, first we have to get him a bit more balanced in himself...

I, on the other hand, have gotten horribly out of shape. Even posting for very long made me tired/sore! But that's going to be fixed soon, with more regular riding and working out.

Wishing you all good rides as the weather warms up! :)

6 comments:

  1. You stay warm and safe as well! Glad you were able to ride :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're super warm now, up in the 50s! Gotta love the South! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I live in Clarion, PA and I owned River (then Tank) for a few months. Well, kinda. I was going to buy him and spent every waking moment with that horse but family matters came up and caused a lot of stress and I just couldn’t handle it all. So I had to make the decision to give him up. All this time, I’d been wondering where he ended up and how he was doing. I was thrilled to find your blog so I can follow your journey with him. I miss him so sooo much. There’s a space in my heart that can never be filled. If you ever decide to sell him, please please contact me! You guys are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAY THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!! [bounces off several walls at work] Please, email me! briana.wever at gmail.com ! I ADORE River and I'd love to keep in contact with you! :D

      Delete
  3. When you get into a routine the both of you will get much stronger and balanced!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's next on the list now that we can ride regularly! I'm excited! :D

      Delete