Sunday, February 16, 2014

Wearing Myself Out

I rode, now I am exhausted. Haha. It's what happens when you actually try to ride properly!

I'm feeling like I'm making some progress though, I'm really trying to start from the ground up and get good habits to start with. Working on my more dressage-type seat since it's a bit more effective (for me) and keeps me more balanced in case of pony shenanigans. Plus River deals with being on the forehand enough already, he doesn't need my perchy hunter-seat up over his withers yet. Today he had a pretty good trip and I hardly got unbalanced at all, so that made me feel good. I really need to "hold his hand" all the time or he can't figure out where to put himself under saddle.

We rode quite a lot, he was very good even though the horses just next door were galloping around like mad and the BO's little girl was jumping back and forth in the aisle making squealy noises and there was an accident up the road and we could hear all the sirens going up there. Very looky but good, really no spooks at all. I was proud of him! We had some very nice trot-walk transitions too actually, he was listening to my half-halts off my seat and not running into my hands.

Finished off with a nice trail ride/hill work up to the top of the big huge "gallop hill" and back. Gotta get that hind end of his muscled up!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like both of you had a great workout! Yay for saddle time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so so so excited to start riding semi-regularly again!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a REALLY good ride, especially with all the distractions! I was busy with sheep so didn't get to ride today, and the rest of the week looks like it will be really wet. :-( I'll try to shoehorn rides in there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super impressed with him! He's starting to act a bit less like a baby! Hope you get some rides stuck in there somewhere! :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you are getting to ride a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete