Wednesday, August 8, 2012

happy

Sooo Monday we had a jump lesson.  And

MY CONFIDENCE CAME BACK!!!!

I can't precisely say just how exciting that is.  I have never been that confident in English saddle but have improved a lot since starting with the Coach.  However Monday was just something else.  Riding a big, hot, big-strided Thoroughbred who belongs to my trainer, and who was being somewhat strong and pushy, and jumping baby 12" courses at trot and canter, and I. didn't. care.  I have gotten my Invincible attitude back!  Wooo!  I think I may get back to being thoroughly in love with jumping yet. 

And, since that and training are the two main things I really really am absolutely fascinated with when it comes to horses, it's good I've come around and not let my silly little fears get in the way.  :) 

I am...I am delighted.  Actually something past delighted.  I have been in love with jumping ever since my unknowing parents innocently took me to a Richland Park event ever so many years ago.  We went for the cross-country day and that was just the end of that.  No matter it took me something like a year and a half (or more) of asking and working and trying, plus an interstate move, before I finally got to hop over anything more than a ground pole (my dear trainer D. wanted me to stick with Western and training and not leave her barn, if I don't miss my guess!).  No matter that speed freezes every brain cell in my mind.  No matter that I'd only been on two horses in my life that could ever remotely qualify as "hot" or possibly be jumping (let alone cross-country) candidates.  No matter anything!  I was going to learn to jump!

Well now I think I'm back on the road again.  Seven months, it's not too bad, not for having to erase two years' worth of confidence destruction.  Sure feels good at least. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment