So finally I bit the bullet and went to the doctor regarding the stabbing pain in my left foot that's been coming on whenever I do anything remotely resembling "vigorous exercise." Including riding (meh). Apparently I have strained something. So she put on a strap and said to not exercise and not walk "extra."
Hmm what is "extra." Doctor can I ride? (Mum asked that not me)
No.
I can't hike, I can't exercise, I can't ride. For a week?
I think...No.
Can't not do that, period. I will either melt into an emotional puddle or explode, one or t'other. So I get home and text the Coach. Have hurt my foot and well...probably shouldn't jump.
(That is what "ride" meant last we checked, riiighhtt?)
So I am somewhat grounded as the Coach did suggest I work with Fringe instead of doing anything remarkable or exciting, but I am hoping that when I show up at the doctor's door next week and say the foot was FINE (of course because when I do nothing with it it hasn't been hurting in the first place!) she will release me officially and we can be back in business. Until then, we do groundwork and maybe some light riding (never thought I'd see the day when I'd be asking to ride without stirrups!).
No comments:
Post a Comment