Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall Break = Barn Time :)

My lovely bosses told me I didn't need to come in to work on Thursday afternoon or Friday, so of course I went over to the barn again.  ;)  Rode Wild on Thursday and had a lovely walk-trot-canter session on the flat, nothing special as the world was totally soggy from rain in the morning.  But he was being super nice with the bit, not grabbing it out of my hands or jerking, and coming on the bit and then stretching down nicely.  Don't know whether my riding is really that much better (lol), whether he was just calmer because we had no jumps up, or whether he really likes that bit.  But it was nice anyway.  After 15-20 minutes or so I decided it was a perfect day for a trail ride and we went out all the way almost to the river and back on a loose rein, again very relaxed, enjoying the gorgeous fall day and the colors and the warm sun and well it was just one of those perfect rides.  :) 

Friday I intended to see if I could catch Rhapsody but no such luck.  Coach had tried to catch her on Wednesday and...well let's just say it isn't just me who has difficulties with her.  Haha.  So she was skittish and barely touchable on Friday, let alone catchable.  After a little time persuading her I wasn't going to eat her alive, I went and got Lass for her exercise ride.  She was nearly perfectly sound on the footing, didn't want to trot on the grass actually, so I was happy. 

Tired after all that riding.  ;)  And now break is nearly over, sadness.  I could stand three-day school weeks every week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment