I have pictures :D
But! Better than that!
I at long last CAUGHT this girl!
In the field! Okay it took me almost an hour of following her around but still! I'm pretty sure she hasn't been caught at least since July and maybe longer than that.
I decided to make things easy and simple so she didn't get the idea she got caught and then got her hiney worked off, so we just did some very simple groundwork...mostly desensitizing (which she needs a great deal of anyway) and moving off pressure. And I hopped around with my foot in the stirrup as if I were going to mount, and swung half up and then got off. And then I created a halterish thing out of baling string and put it on her before turning her out. Now I'm worrying it will hurt her somehow. But it's baling string for goodness' sake; it will break if she scratches her nose. I think we'll be okay.
I also took a few pictures today as I'm writing a children's book and intend to have the ponies star in it. ;)

Lass thinks everyone else is making a big deal out of nothing. This picture, by the way, hardly does justice to her really; she is much prettier than this but she was a bit obsessed with her grass...as usual. :) So I didn't get any really good pictures of her.
Rhapsody, Surge, and the baby think they're hiding from me behind the trees.
YAY for pictures. All the horses look so gorgeous. Also it's great that you could catch your girl :)
ReplyDelete