Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Good, Bad, Yesterday

Old picture, but old picture is better than no picture right?!
 --Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day so no school! I went to do community service with a group from my college.  Good! :)
--Silly organizers thought I could survive working hard from 9 till 3 with no lunch.  Bad. :(
--Cleared brush at the therapeutic riding center instructor D runs and got a whole lot done.  Good!
--Got extremely sore and exhausted from clearing brush for 5 hours straight with no lunch.  Bad. :(
Part of our awesome brush-clearing job!
 --Went for lesson right afterwards (after wolfing down a bit of spaghetti).  Good! :)
--Coach told me to ride Tanner and he's strong.  My arms....! Bad!
--Switched off to Fringe because she was being hot and intimidating the girl who was riding her.  Fringey-goose calmed down somewhat once I told her off of her naughtiness. Good!
--She still pulled my arms off, generally speaking.  Bad.
--Rode with a bunch of other people of varied skill levels in the ring and she was (overall) decent.  Good!
--She tried to kick a little girl and her pony.  BAD!  Bad bad Fringe! Lol fortunately she didn't actually but came too close for my comfort!
--Trotted 18" jumps with a little tiny tiny spread (about 6" or so) and she actually started jumping them and cantering off!!  YAY good good good! :)
--Had one refusal when I had my crop in the wrong hand and couldn't use it to correct her diving out.  Bad.
--Went for a nice trail ride since she was blowing pretty hard and she was fantastic, not worried at all.  Good good!
--Discovered Rhapsody's catch halter is now off.  BAD bad bad bad ughhh well I know what I'm doing on Friday...

So tired of seeing this...!
That was pretty much how yesterday went.  Lol.  Overall it was good, but I was utterly fried by the time I got to bed.  I did find the catch halter and stuck it in my hidey-hole so nobody should take it.  It's nobody's fault it's off; one of the students took Rhapsody out and apparently hadn't heard the stories that are flying about how terrible she is and how much she needs a catch halter.  ;)  Eavesdropping on stories about your own project horse is highly amusing; I recommend it to anyone in need of a chuckle or--ok it's true--a good ego boost!  

Well it's off and running again for us I guess.  I am 100% planning on getting the halter back on Rhapsody, but if it's pouring rain I won't go.  We'll just have to wait and see.  Wish us luck! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a long but good day. Good luck with getting the catch halter back on easily.

    ReplyDelete