Regarding feet, I decided to hold out a while and see if they improve with proper barefoot trimming. If not, I'll do shoes. We don't plan on doing a lot of competition or such, so that's not a big deal. So far he's progressing slowly but steadily--he's 100% on the grass, even if the ground is hard, and today he was only mildly ouchy on sandy gravel, bark chips, the lumpy arena footing, and the rock-hard barn aisle. Woo! If he stays barefoot that long, I'll put some boots on his Christmas list just in case. ;)
So we are doing groundwork and hand walks, lots of them. The trails are nice and it's a great experience for him. He LOVES them and power-walks along so that I can hardly keep up, if I let him! Put some steering and brakes on and the boy will be a XC machine someday!
| Out for a walk |
| Handsome face |
I leave for two weeks a week from today, so he'll get a long break. Hopefully he's not a crazy herd-bound maniac when I come back. . .
Glad you decided to try barefoot :)!!
ReplyDeleteI hope it works for him! I might be taking you up on your offer for info. ;)
DeleteHe is very handsome :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I think so...but then I'm a little biased. :)
DeleteHe's a looker, and I'm glad you're enjoying some bonding time. I get to try out a saddle this weekend that I have high hopes for; saddle shopping is NOT FUN!
ReplyDeleteLucky you to have an official photographer! My son will try sometimes, but he's not as good as your brother is.
Good luck with the saddle--hope you and Lance both like it! I'm not sure if the photographer will stay around once school starts, but it's nice for now anyway. ;)
DeleteHe sure is a handsome one :-)
ReplyDelete