I got a whinny Tuesday evening when I came to feed, awwww. :)
I also got a bucking bronco as he erupted from his stall after putting his halter on...um, not so aww. Ha. He got himself under control shortly and we only had one other wild spree after he climbed up the bank and apparently decided that was very exciting and warranted at least a few more airs above the ground. Goodness, such enthusiasm. At least, since he's bucking, and therefore putting quite a bit of torque on his front feet, I can reasonably guess that he's not too sore on that left front!
Yesterday evening he was going nuts in his stall--weaving and throwing his head around--even though there were other horses in. So we turned the beast out. Small paddock, relatively dry (at least no mud etc.), two other geldings. He did three or four laps at a mad gallop, stuck his tail in the air like my Arabs, snorted and whoofed and bucked and kicked like a wild thing for maybe ten minutes (hope he never decides to buck like that when I'm on him...)
....and settled down to eat grass.
That's my boy!
New Trimmer/Farrier was supposed to come out today, but ended up rescheduling for next week. Bummer. So I'll roll River's other front toe so it doesn't chip so bad, and we'll wait. Completely expecting him to be sore today from all his gymnastics yesterday, so perhaps it's just as well!
Funny how even the calmest horses can become bucking broncos..I recently found out my lazy, sweet, so not a bucking horse, was very, very, very possibly used as a bronc! I mean, how did you get him to MOVE? It's all I can do to get him to canter! :))
ReplyDeleteLol, yep...
DeleteSounds like he's feeling great! Wonderful news :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm SO relieved, haha :) And he wasn't even sore last night--granted he was a little hyped up, but not much!
DeleteIt never ceases to amaze me how a horse can be dead lame when you're walking it around the barn, then you let it out in the pasture and it gallops off bucking madly.... -__-. Lol, that post just made me think of that!
ReplyDeleteHA, yes. I think horses have more-than-average adrenaline stores! :P
DeleteSomeones feeling excited!! Lol. Cute about the whinny :-)
ReplyDelete