Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tuesday Torture

Tuesday we did hill work. In-hand, so we both did it! Didn't do a lot since poor River is so out of shape (and we won't even mention me); so just did several laps up and down at a walk, then two laps up at trot and down at walk.

Well, we tried doing two laps up at trot. Really it went something like this:

Me: Now we're going to trot up! Yay! Ready, set, [cluck-cluck] trot!

River: Trot?! Mom no. I can't trot. We're walking, remember? Walking. Walk. Walk. Walk. Walk. 

Me: [Cluck] Trrrot! 

River: III willlll nooottt trooottttt nooooooooooooo [much neck stretching and exaggeratedly slow footsteps]

Me: River. Trot! 

River: I CAN'T TROT!!!! HEEEELLLPPP!!!!! 

Me: [waves stick at River's hindquarters] Cluck-cluck! 

River: AAHHH! What's that?! Ahhh! A STICK!! ACKS! I-must-bolt-to-the-top-of-the-hill!

Me: *le sigh...*

We did several rounds of that but finally finished on a good note. Today we did another arena ride, really testing out all the buttons, and finding a great many that don't exist...but the update on that will have to wait for tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow... I don't think I could do that and survive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, River didn't think he could either! ;) The hill isn't too long so that helps!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good workout all round lol

    ReplyDelete