You can see our YouTube channel here! It's nothing professional, for sure--just some basic stuff for the folks that are working with my project babies when I'm not there. So constructive feedback is welcome, but no snarky comments por favor! Haha, not that I expect that from any of you but y'know... :)
Last week was a zoo but we rode anyway! My new challenge is getting River comfortable in our new schooling area. He is decidedly nervous of the big-open-area-without-rails and is skittery and tense and gnaws and chomps on the bit like nobody's business. To the point where he's literally flinging drool all over. It's crazy.
| This slobber is greatly reduced from when we were actually riding...! |
So I scrapped my plans of working on walk/halt/back transitions and now we're just walking around up there, round and round and round, till he relaxes. No biggie. I'm flexible--we don't have anything we have to be ready for!
I am so sad Daylight Savings Time is ending this week!
| Shaggy pony and late-evening sunbeams |
Turned around and Mr. Food-Pony was marching off to the gate on his own! He did stop halfway and deign to give me his most disgusted look...I call it the Moose Look and it's pretty much this:
| From earlier in the year... |
He walked all the way up to the gate then without any halter or anything. Ha. Got his yums and then we rode a little bit--walking around in the schooling area--and I did his feet. It was a good evening.
I get nervous jaw slobber too. Kind of makes me giggle when people are super excited about it because I think it'd be a better sign for us if he had little to no slobber!
ReplyDeleteHaha no kidding! I guess it's better than just clamping their mouths shut, but...! :)
Delete