Friday, March 14, 2014

Back At It

Well since the dear Beastie broke my reins last time we rode, and my local stores don't have any English anything, we were stuck waiting and doing groundwork (he learned to walk over the bridge this week, good boy!) till the ones I ordered could get here. They finally did today! Yay! So we had a quick ride.

He was very very good actually, super stretchy stretchy even at the trot--which he's never done before. Good boy! Now hopefully he doesn't get "stuck" down there because he still doesn't really understand how to pick himself up, so while long and low is definitely a good stretch exercise for him, I don't want to spend the whole riding time just doing that. Nevertheless he was super good and transitioning up and down with barely a thought and a half-halt from my seat, so we cut it short and gave him lots of pets and goodies and his grain.

It probably helped that I felt like I was actually riding somewhat effectively for once--I'm always better after a break it seems!

I also ordered a new helmet and I'm super happy with it so far, so one of these days I'll do a review. :) Good weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment