Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fringe--Jumping under Saddle

Well I thought I wouldn't do anything too exciting.  But we got out to lesson and the Coach is putting up her gymnastic line and me being me, decides, oh forget it, I'm going to try.  If my foot hurts I'll stop, that's the main thing.

So we did it!  Positioning ground pole, 4 trot strides (or 1-2 canter), crossrail, bounce, second crossrail, bounce, final pole and out.  Our first few tries were a bit goosey because we had other people coming in the ring and Fringe spooked a bit at that, but by the end I put her over it both directions and she went beautifully; acted like an old pro at this jumping thing despite the fact we had three other horses and junior riders, two instructors, two friends-or-relations, and a dog all running around our jump field.  The only bummer was that my foot started hurting at the end so I had to quit and couldn't put her over more. 

Not till we headed up to the barn after turning horses out did the Coach kindly tell me, "So how does it feel, you're the first person to jump Fringe!"

You didn't tell me THAT!  

Heh well actually it feels pretty awesome now that you mention it, and what's more I continue to be amazed and delighted that I can actually enjoy this jumping thing, even on a greener-than-grass ex-racehorse Arabian that two months ago nobody but me and the instructors would ride.  And what's even more have I said I am so proud of this Fringe girl?  Like so so proud.  She's getting prepped to go to the shows now.  Yay!  Even if I never get to show her myself I'm proud of her anyways.  :)   

2 comments:

  1. Just stopped by to say hello and look around.

    Is the abnormal hobby horses? Just curious, because I wasn't sure if I was missing something and horse people are definitely not normal, but in a good way. Takes one to know one. ;)

    Thanks for joining my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yes it is :) I'm back "into" horses after a two-plus year break and loving it. Thanks for stopping by, I enjoy your posts too :)

      Delete