Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bye Bye Facebook

Hello horses!

I disabled my Facebook today.  Yeah yeah I know, who does THAT these days?! But I just have to have more time and I knew it was sucking out my time, so you do what you gotta do.

River had visitors today--a couple of friends. The wife is a vet tech/massage therapist and the husband a barefoot trimmer/saddle fitter. Because they are amazingly awesome they gave River a once-over for free!! :) So he has nicely trimmed footsies that I didn't have to trim (woo!) and I have more stretches and exercises to do for his hind end. The only downside was that I didn't have my saddle out because we had the back of the car filled up with a dog crate, so I didn't get a free saddle fitting. :( However I did get lots of tips. So all good!

This afternoon we went for our first solo trail ride! River was a trouper--probably would've been even better except that I decided to do some trotting and that hyped him up and he started spooking at things. Lol. So we just walked after that. His feet did really well...he's still a bit ouchy on the big 1" gravels, but the little stuff he's fine with. Our ride today was around the edges of the pastures on the grass, just in case his feet were a bit sore from his trim, but I didn't notice any difference. Yay!

We are going to be riding mostly solo from now on I guess--the Brother has school so that is that. I have my phone and my phone arm strap, so unless something truly awful happens I should be okay. Looking forward to riding more! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wear your helmet, girl – and I hear you on FB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My helmet is my bestest buddy at all times ;)

      Delete
  2. I just disabled my FB two weeks ago - it is such a time suck and there is so much better stuff to spend my time doing. So far I haven't missed it! Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I don't get sucked into facebook much, maybe because its too boring, blogs on the other hand steal like all my time away from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky! I guess...haha. At least you don't have both :)

      Delete