Saturday, September 21, 2013

Schedules

Hah, my schedule is I.n.s.a.n.e. And I had just got a lovely schedule figured out for River--school Friday, trail ride and/or break Saturday, school Sunday, lunge/groundwork Monday, break Tuesday, trail Wednesday, massage/break Thursday--and then my field experience (where we go out in classrooms and practice our teaching) got switched around and I have no free Friday afternoon now until 4 or 5, at least until early November. UGH. So I have to rethink the whole River-schedule thing. I think we'll go and ride in the dark sometimes :P

Thursday was massage day. River really got into it and I got some really good releases out of my work on his shoulder/neck/face area. He is learning how to stretch into the massage and get himself an even better release--really fun to watch. Smart little cookie. ;) The unfortunate thing was that I spent so much time on his front half that I didn't really get to spend a lot of time on that all-important back half. I will have to start giving him mini-massages on that neck/shoulder area more often--he had a lot of tight spots.

Friday I did homework so just worked on some sidepass/Sideways Game on the ground (he did really well for his first time ever, caught on quickly), and today it rained and the neighbors were shooting so I didn't really want to wander up by their place to get to the trails. :-/ So River just got his yums and turned back out. He is continuing to gain weight slowly but surely (!!!) and is really looking good. Shed out all his sunbleached hair and is looking super shiny and handsome. Even some faint dapples showing up! ;) Need to get some new pictures so we can compare!

4 comments:

  1. It all sounds great! Would love to have you come teach me how to massage Lance . . . or you could work on me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you could teach me dressage...I'm on for that! Now just to figure out how to get me and River out to your area--I'm sure there's a way... :)

      Delete
  2. I feel you on the insane schedule... and that's cool you can do the massage stuff with him. I want to teach myself some of it so I can do that with Wiz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not hard--well the massage stuff isn't haha. I just looked it up on YouTube and then was lucky enough to find a friend who is a massage therapist (equine and human!) and she showed me a few things. I'm sure Wiz would love it!

      Delete