Anyhow, without further ado, the goals:
Both of Us Goals:
- One or two lessons with Coach over Thanksgiving and/or Christmas breaks (depending on how River's goals go...)
- Dressage video lesson sometime this winter??
- Increase fitness
- Regular riding schedule
- School walk/halt/backing transitions till they're soft and easy(ish)
- Hill work, trot/canter sets, and general conditioning work
- School walk/trot transitions
- Stretches and massage regularly--loosen up that back and hind end!
- Finish out the 2-Point Challenge this month!
- No-Stirrup November next month?? (eeks...can't believe I'm actually thinking about that...)
- Figure out just how River likes his feet trimmed so they continue to improve
- Strength training and stretches/yoga--alternate days so I'm doing something 5-6 days a week
We'll see how all that goes, especially my fitness--it's one thing for me to work on getting my pony fit, quite another to commit to my own torture. Haha. And if I can really find the time, especially after the time change!
Sounds good. As you know, I work mostly alone in an outdoor arena, dodging showers all fall/winter/spring. And yes, it is far easier to stay committed to keeping the pony fit than keeping myself fit!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's not just me that's outside! :) Wish River could live in my backyard like your boy does! :)
DeleteI need to do something like this... As for personal fitness- I feel your pain. Much easier to commit to torture via riding your horse than otherwise. The gym hates me... That's my story and in sticking to it.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying it again lol...the gym is a scary place, I'm quite convinced it hates me too! :P
DeleteGreat goals! I can't really ride without some kind of goal in mind :)
ReplyDeleteI can ride but it's not pretty lol...
DeleteYa NS November!
ReplyDeleteOnly one way to being in shape...lol
Delete