Sunday, December 8, 2013

5-Day Challenge: Day 4

So yes, I fail at writing every day. Oh well! :)
16. One thing you’d like to change about your horse.
I wish I could re-make all his joints. It kills me to know that he's only 8 but he already has arthritic changes here and there. The racing's a big part of what gave him such a great mind, but at the same time it broke up his body. I know it could be so much worse and I should be grateful that he's still fully rideable at all three gaits, that he gallops around in his pasture and will probably be sound for the low-level stuff I want to do, but just redoing them would be the best...then we'd be able to take over the world. ;)
17. Your horse’s future.
I hope he'll be with me forever. He'll jump and do low-level dressage until that's too much, and then we'll do gentle trails. Finally when he's totally retired, he'll go in the pasture with the babies I'll have, or the rescues I've brought in, and keep them company and in line. ;) That said, there's always a possibility I'll have to move somewhere he can't go, and in that case I hope to find him a home with some kid that will love on him for the rest of his life.
18. Your worst show ever.
Well seeing as I've never shown....haha....

Droool......[from the KY horse park website]
19. Favorite horse show venues.
For local, I love this little place right down the road from us. They have several arenas, a little XC course, and are just a friendly, down-to-earth barn.

For anywhere, I would love to show at the Kentucky Horse Park! Gorgeous and I would love to ride the same ground that the "Greats" ride!


20. Your show daily routine.
Well I don't know about show routine, but I'm pretty sure if Coach and I went together (which I hope to, for my first one out anyways, though we'll see), it would consist of being up early, getting all the ponies looking something better than wild mustangs (oh yeah, one is a [not-so] wild mustang, never mind...), obsessing over not forgetting anything (both the Coach and I are obsessively organized mostly because we both forget ALL THE THINGS!!), trying not to beat ourselves up for not beating everyone at our first show out in a year-plus, hopefully remembering our courses and tests, and (for me) keeping obsessive tabs on everything I own so that Coach doesn't play some cruel practical joke on me (the stories she has told, I'm half scared to go to a show with her!). It would be an adventure, to put it simply! 

2 comments: