Yeah, finally made it!! ;)
 |
| If that's not EPIC, I don't know what is! |
21. Favorite classes to watch
Cross-country!!! It's terrifying and epic and amazing and I just love love love love it! Any jumping class really, though I prefer watching derbies, they're more fun than the "ordinary" show-jumping or hunters. I want to learn more about dressage because I think it would be fascinating to watch if I actually knew something about it! I guess fox-hunting doesn't count as a "class" but that's definitely something I'd like to do someday!
22. What’s in your cooler at horse shows?
I haven't shown yet, but I can tell you right now what will be in it: Raisins, whatever easy-to-eat fruit I can find, granola bars, PB&J sandwich, lots and lots of water and electrolyte fizzy-pills! I tend to "bonk" quickly, don't eat a lot when I'm out and then regret it when the dizziness hits and my blood sugar crashes, so on-the-go sugars and complex carbs are what keep me going.
23. One thing about showing (or riding in general) you wish you could change?
Well of course there is always the $$$. But for myself, I wish we had more small schooling shows close by. We have the one place I mentioned in my last challenge post, and besides that pretty much you have to go to Atlanta or Knoxville area to show much of anywhere. Either of those are at least a 2-hour drive, which I know isn't bad compared to a lot of people, but when you don't have a trailer (or money! lol) it makes things tough.
24. Your ringside crew
Probably Coach if she could make it and wasn't showing at the same time, and my family would come and watch and cheer for me although I don't know how much actual "crew" help they'd be able to give! ;) At least they could stuff food down my throat!
25. Best prizes
Who doesn't want a neck ribbon?? Or a cooler...I think we should give
saddles as prizes more often for big shows, like the Western guys do!
Seriously, I'd be happy with any kind of a prize! Though I have often
thought that if I ever won Rolex (not going to happen, but a girl can
dream!) the watch would be getting sold as soon as I got home, and I'd
get a saddle with the money! ;)
 |
| All the ribbons... |
Totally agree with #25! Especially since english show saddles are way cheaper than western show saddles!!
ReplyDeleteI know right?!
Delete