No, I have no pictures. 'Tis what happens when you ride without significant others or family members hanging around with cameras. I could link up to the website but the pictures there hardly do her justice, they make her look rather fat (she's not) and ugly (not that either). Someday the grandparents will come, and then we will likely get pictures of some horse or another (no guarantee who) and yours truly.
Fringe (On The Fringe) is a three-to-four-year-old chestnut Arabian mare. Like most of our horses around the barn, she was bred as a race prospect; but she is one of the "flunkies." You realize that the moment you get on her. She--well, let's just say she does not feel like a racehorse. :) That's okay, we don't want her to be one any more. She is really a sweet, loveable, gentle little horse, but currently has her issues as they all do.
Her biggest need right now is basic desensitization to a lot of things, and that's pretty much where I come in (as a college student who theoretically has more time to spend with her). She is particularly sensitive to anything touching or striking her hip/flank area, though she's come a long way with that and will now let me rub her hip all over with my hand or a curry or lunge whip/carrot stick. Sometimes she's also been a bit claustrophobic under saddle, though I haven't felt that much in the short time I've been on her. Right now her feet are sore and have been for the past couple weeks, so we are only doing gentle walk/trot and groundwork. Umm...so yes that's Fringe. My first "project" horse. And I must say--I'm excited! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment