So rode Tanner again yesterday. Western. Decided to revisit my roots and see if I remember how to stay in a saddle that won't let me slip every which way. ;) Well turns out I do, though for the life of me I still can't figure out how to get off gracefully with that crazy horn in the way! Ha. I'm told it went well, really I think it did. He didn't jerk too often at canter, turned when I asked him to (for better or worse, we had some tight spots due to my asking too early/too much), and generally slowed when I asked him, though he never really does the true Western lope--he prefers to galumph around the arena at the highest speed you'll let him. Which for me is not too horridly fast--I've been too long schooled in Western Pleasure for that! Coach says he went well for me which is good.
I (and the Coach) found a great deal lacking in my posture however so now I am focusing on torturing myself by insisting that I keep a decent sitting position, especially at work. :) That should help matters. And my core strength...sigh...well I work on it and it is better, I have to keep reminding myself.
On Friday the grandparents are coming! And I have no clue what to do with them! Haha. They've asked to see Fringe so we will go out like usual and I'll ride her if I can find a fuzzy girth (or if the Coach is there and I can persuade her to let me steal one of her rope girths), or do groundwork if I can't. Annnd after that I have no idea. Rusty is closer in a smaller pasture now and has a catch halter, so I just may go out after him. Maybe I'll get the new project pony if the grandparents head home early and I feel like a long walk. Or perhaps if I'm feeling very brave I shall hop on one of the team horses that's apparently been bucking lately. Ha, the Coach might well spank me if she found that out, though she hasn't explicitly told me not to ride him. Maybe I won't do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment