Didn't get to watch Olympics but kept up with the results! Congrats Teams Germany, GB, and NZ!
While they were running cross-country I was riding a new race-broke (as opposed to regular-riding-broke) Arab, circling round barrels till she realized they weren't going to eat her, and staying out of the way of the Coach, who was riding one of the team's horses that lately decided to be a bucking bronco. And hoping that the Coach didn't fall off and break her neck.
She didn't, I stayed put together and all went well. And I have a new project horse, Rhapsody. She's another off-track Arab, about Fringe's age and a cute little bay with a big white blaze. She's not been known to bolt but I could see her running if she got seriously scared; she's a bit "jittery" around spooky things (like said white jump barrels). But then what sane horse doesn't try to run if it's seriously scared. She was nice though; did walk through canter and nothing seriously unnerving about her. I am under orders for groundwork for her, Rusty, and possibly another horse too, but both Rhapsody and Rusty are notoriously hard to catch (Rusty actually has a catch halter on at last, thank goodness), so Friday may just involve a lot of walking, carrots, and maybe one horse at the end. Haha. We'll see. And then I am scheduled to have an actual jump lesson! Because the Coach's horses are rushing fences so I get to run one of them through a gymnastic line a while.
Life is pretty stinkin' good. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment