Monday, July 2, 2012

Last week

Last week with Fringe I had a mounted lesson Tuesday morning and then went over Friday afternoon to do some ground work.  I must admit just walk-trot are getting a bit old (lol) but her feet continue to be sore so we can't canter.  She has such a nice way of carrying herself, really it was the first thing that struck me when I first saw her under saddle.  Anyway lesson was good and we stopped early to put her in the trailer a few times since it was sitting up by the barn empty.  Really she is quite a brave little pony; she went from huffing and blowing at the trailer with her eyes all the size of saucers, to hopping in and out a little cautious, but not too worried, and not dragging me out when it was time to get out of the thing, all in around 15 minutes.  Good girl. 

Friday afternoon it was somewhere around 107 degrees and I must admit I thought myself crazy driving over to the barn in such heat.  However I went in the pasture and Fringe actually let me walk up and catch her in around 5 minutes!  Yay!  I know it'd be ideal to have her coming to me, but hey, we work step at a time.  This girl is very tough to catch so it says something about her ability to trust me that she'll let me walk up to her like that.  (Even with grain, hehe). 

Let Coach go home since she'd been outside running camp all day, and went down to the shade to work on Parelli 7 Games.  Ha.  More like me working on the Games since it's been approximately five or six years since I actually had the chance to try them out.  Poor Fringe. . . however it went better than I thought it might.  I most certainly need to refine my skills, but I think I've got the general ideas. There's a lot to work on, however I already made notes on that.

Tomorrow we ride again, first thing (aka 7:00), and going to ask for an official demonstration of how to do this groundwork stuff, so I can see just how badly I stink at it.  :)  Someday I should steal the Brother's best friend's video camera so I can review when I'm working by myself.  We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment