Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Not much going on, feeding the pony, going for walks, teaching him tricks. Ha. I'm usually not one to hand-feed much, but River loves his carrots sooooo much that I really can't resist. :P Currently he is learning to bow (sort of; put his head between his front legs anyway), stretch both ways, and give me a "hug." Cheesy yes, but he loves it. Haha. And it stretches the muscles, so all good!
Working on ways to ride more often. There's usually nobody there when I go out, so I have to ride alone...I'm reasonably positive nothing major would happen, but you never know...so just figuring out the safety stuff. Once we get that figured out I'll set up a schedule (I'm obsessively scheduled during school, so yeah...) and we'll be riding more often.
School is full speed ahead and a bit overwhelming but thank heavens for the ponyface; he's keeping me sane. The one big benefit to having him in a self-care place a drive away...I have to take a break every day and just do what I love. Usually the break turns into most-of-the-evening but it's all good. :) I'm feeling better this semester than I ever have and that's worth it.
Labels:
Fun and Games,
OTTB,
River
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Do you have a cell phone? I got an arm/legband cell phone holder for when I ride alone. It adds a measure of protection....
ReplyDeleteYes, I have one of those too and used it quite a lot while I was riding the babies during the school year; it definitely makes me feel better!
Delete