Planned to have a lesson over break.
Not sure it's going to happen. Maayyybeee by the end of the week.
SO. MUCH. MUD. Argh! It got so bad on the "aisle" between the paddocks that they hauled in a whole bunch of gravel and wood chips and now even those are getting sucked down into the miry depths in the worst parts. It's so slippery I'm not even trail riding because if River were to spook I'm not sure he'd be able to stay on all fours.
Nasty. Hopefully it gets sunny now like it's supposed to!
Fortunately (knock on wood) even with three white socks River has yet to get any scratches or other fungusy stuff. I keep him cleaned off as best I can, and he doesn't like to walk or stand in mud, so I'm sure that helps--but still. His shoulder guard should be coming soon (had to mail order it, sigh), so I'm continuing to Show-Sheen the life out of him in hopes that might help the rubs some. At least they don't seem to get any worse once the hair is gone...I guess that's good?!
Christmas we got money (yay money!) so he's getting the shoulder guard, a breastplate, new girth, and a bareback pad!! Well I guess most of that benefits me more than him (lol) but he did get peppermints on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I also replaced the snap that broke on his turnout sheet, good grief snaps are easier than buckles. I'm in love! If I'm lucky, all our loot might show up by lesson time!
Hopefully we'll have a fun lesson update soon! In the meantime, boring posts! :)
Yay for no scratches and new stuff! Alex has scratches on one pastern that I just CANNOT get rid of... very frustrating :-)
ReplyDeleteScratches are the worst...I battled them and rain rot all last winter with my project horses--hence why I'm so happy to not see them on River yet!
Delete